Friday, September 29, 2006

September 27, 2006

I filled in for Mr. Odom 9/27/06 for the drive-time 4-6 slot. Probably my best and my worst show ever.

This is the playlist pre Chicken John, pre whip-its – at which point everything fell apart and became a total blast. For some on air whip-it tips check out the podcast, but don’t start listening until about 50 minutes in, because stone cold sober I have no excuse for my lousy engineering.

Baby's on Fire The Venus Furs
Breathless Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
Gloria Patti Smith
I Wish I Was Your Mother Mott The Hoople
Welcome To Chicago Kill Hannah
Jealousy Liz Phair
Send In The Clowns The Tiger Lillies
Fuck the pain away Peaches
Backstabber The Dresden Dolls
Grow Fins Captain Beefheart & The Magic Band The Spotlight Kid
Cripple & the Starfish Antony and the Johnsons
Gigantic Pixies

...things got a little fuzzy after this, we played music from Chicken’s collection. Some excerpts from the Ask Dr. Hal show, and a fucking hilarious local guy named Jascha Ephraim whose CD, I squeezed out of Chicken. It's headed to number one with a bullet at my household with songs like “It’s raining Astronauts” and “Goldfish Euthanasia.” Amazing stuff, if you ever notice he’s playing – go see him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home